Well I can FINALLY say that I am starting to actually enjoy life here a little more. After a rough few months in a new place, with a new baby and no friends, I have finally met a couple people I really like and get along with! Let me tell you, I am breathing a huge sigh of relief.
I've described the act of meeting new moms like going out on a lot of first dates. You meet someone you think you'll like, you make plans to get together, you make small talk and try and get to know the basics, you crash and burn somewhere in there and you never speak to the person again. OR you meet someone you like, hang out a few times, decide the person bugs the crap out of you but you continue hanging out with them because you're desperate. You know you can do better, but desperate times call for desperate measures. After an exceptionally awkward "date," you decide you won't call them anymore but then you're sitting there, lonely, you're husband's at work, you get crazy and desperate again and you call them and ask them over. It's just as awkward and weird as the previous meeting and this time you truly decide to cut off the weirdo. The unfortunate part is, that you've roped them in already. They keep calling and then you need to cut them off cold turkey and you look like a bitch. Yep. Just like dating without the pressure of sex.
So, I can say that I am truly relieved to have met some women who I really like and get along with. People I look forward to calling and seeing. People who are NOT totally lame. It's fantastic and makes Scott AFB look a lot less awful than before!
We had a good day today. Nothing too crazy. Big shocker. I got my flu shot. Kids napped. I wrote out a bunch of Christmas cards. Met my friend, Valerie, for coffee at Starbucks. Walked around the mall to kill a little time. Kids are in bed. Chad is at work. I am drinking my Bailey's and eating a delicious turkey sandwich. May not sound like much, but it's not a shabby life. It's one of those days I feel thankful for all the small things.
Glad you are liking it at this base better :) P.s. It totally does look like Taylor is back handing Cody! LOL
ReplyDelete